This picture was taken on November 22, 2010, but only published in March this year, once Spc Moore had given his consent.
You can read the accompanying article, including an interview with Moore and his comrades, here:bit.ly/oN00ip
CAPTION: Specialist Jacob William Moore, 21, stares into the distance as he clutches the hand of a seriously wounded comrade on board a medevac air ambulance racing towards Kandahar Air Field in southern Afghanistan. Spc Moore was part of a stretcher team carrying a wounded man to safety when they hit a second explosive device, buried in their path. The men, from the 2-502 Infantry’s Attack Company were operating in Nalgham, in Zhari district. Two Americans and one Afghan soldier were killed in the attacks, four others, including Spc Moore, were wounded.
The troops are part of the 101st Airborne Division - known as the screaming eagles - sent to Afghanistan in Jun 2010 as part of Barack Obama’s surge. Moore and his comrades paid tribute to their fallen as “phenomenal soldiers”. They said the general public in America have no idea what is going on in Afghanistan. Moore returned to active duty and finished out his tour in Afghanistan.
All this for nothing! This is Very powerful to me because i have had friends that i grew up with fight and died in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- wantyou8 likes this
- passgo893 likes this
- abbrvd likes this
- dear-wendy reblogged this from ancorainfernus and added:
- norbeartoes reblogged this from ancorainfernus
- wolfinyourskin likes this
- darlinggsavannahwalrath reblogged this from myegoandthoughts
- goldhues reblogged this from ancorainfernus and added:
- alwaysloveyourself likes this
- myegoandthoughts reblogged this from ancorainfernus
- ancorainfernus reblogged this from psychedelicmandala
- livelovesik reblogged this from psychedelicmandala
- vrdevlin reblogged this from psychedelicmandala
- iamtheastronaut reblogged this from psychedelicmandala
- privaterunner likes this
- psychedelicmandala posted this